Image Map



It's been real, friends.

3/19/2013

I've had this post in my drafts since last December. It's never easy putting yourself out there for the world to see. Blogging opened up a world of possibilities for me, and an endless amount of support along the way over the last 2.5 years. The relationships I've made through this blog have been so wonderful, and I know that some of those relationships will continue after this blog. 

As you probably guessed, this is goodbye for now. I can't give a specific reason... only that parts of blogging that once made me feel so welcome, have now turned... icky. It took me awhile to realize what was going on, and that blatant materialism was getting the best of me. I would log in and check my favorite blogs only to be bombarded with new computers, new shoes, new cameras, what colors were "in" and I started to feel bad about myself because I refused to spend $300 on a purse. Sure, I worked hard, and I felt like I deserved it. But somewhere along the way, I started to think about the person I really wanted to become, and spending $300 on a purse when so many people are struggling just seemed... wrong. It's hard to step away from all of those "things" in the land of blogging, especially since it's so competitive and everyone seems to "need" the next best thing.

I really can't say what spurred these thoughts. Maybe it was our trip to Peru, where we saw complete and utter devastation in some parts of the country. And yet, people here are trying to figure out which $200 iPad case to buy. I hope this doesn't offend anyone - we're blessed here in America to be able to even have those choices. And if you can afford it, why not, right? But to me, it just didn't feel right. Or maybe I started to feel this way when I realized, 50 years from now, what do I want to be remembered by? Do I want to make a difference?

Right now, I'm on the verge of figuring out what kind of photographer I want to be. I love weddings, I really do. But I don't feel like those trends represent me. I also don't feel as artistically inspired when shooting a wedding. I will most likely still do weddings. But right now, I'm trying to get away from the Pinterest-style weddings and focus more on the craft of photography. I'd love to do some pro-bono work to help those in need, which I think is really rare in the wedding industry, unfortunately. I'd love to do a project that both challenged me creatively but also helped support a cause. That would be my dream. And I hope that I can inspire others with a public platform to utilize their talent to do good things.

Right now, I want to focus on helping others, loving my family, traveling the world, and being in love. Because those are the things that matter the most to me.

If you want, you can find my photoblog here, follow me on Twitter / Instagram, or add me on Facebook. I love you all! Goodbye for now.

3 comments:

Jillian said...

I've been feeling this way for a long time. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. I hope all your dreams come true.<3 I'll be following along on twitter/instagram.

Good luck, friend!

erinj0 said...

I've been absent for quite some time and saddened to see you are gone. I fully understand and wish only the best for you! Just so you know, you were always a real, down to earth blogger - I thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts and witnessing the amazing photography skills that you possess.

Hope you come back if and when the times right :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

GMT Get better at A pair of
Rolex watch distributes, makes plus products and services good quality designer watches for women plus guys along with its part. They're on sale within the Tudor and also Wristwatch brand name. Your leaders were being Alfred Davis along with Hand Wildors in London,The uk around 1905, your treatments platform later moved inside 1919 to Geneva,Swiss. Rolling around in its report on one hundred most beneficial planet brand names around 2007, Bloomberg Organization Week mag positioned Rolex watch variety seventy-one. biggest enjoy deluxe brand name on the planet, Rolex timepiece creates with regards to the year 2000 designer watches each day.
Around 19th thirty-one, Rolex had been the first company to help element a 'bubbleback,Wi a close watch that has been self-winding and also made available this specific pertaining to retail sale. Throughout twenty twenty-eight the firm manufactured the primary self-winding view operated by central systems that will applied arm-movement with the person wearing them. The following manufactured turning a watch not nesessary but resulted in far more steadiness which often ended in occasion preserving that has been far more trusted.
Evening Time Two
Just about the most useful name brands on the planet, Rolex rates high inside major 75 of one's Journal. For the reason that enterprise began, many experts have developing preciseness imaginative designer watches. Rolex piece in the beginning just produced males wrist watches these times there are plenty of wristwatches for ladies.

[url=http://1eur-auto.de/earnings-powering-option-autism-solutions]replica watches swiss[/url]
[url=http://radio.palabravivaiglesia.com/node/43465]replica watches swiss[/url]
[url=http://www.electricianprograms.org/node/99113/]swiss rolex replica[/url]
[url=http://www.moviemeetinghouse.com/content/earnings-powering-alternate-autism-solutions]replica rolex swiss[/url]
[url=http://canadareve.com/?q=content/revenue-rear-substitute-autism-treatment-options]swiss replica watch[/url]


http://www.michael-friedrichs.de/node/23439
http://modernamericanpoetry.org/forum/topic/earnings-behind-different-autism-therapies
http://www.adaptation.arizona.edu/upload-presentation/21654
http://www.runfeminatour.com/?q=node/19473
http://kozijntopper.nl/node/31827